Background

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Making Words


We practice sounding out words using these letter vests. I printed the letters out from Dr. Jean's website, cut them out, glued them to file folders, then used yarn to attach the front and back-uppercase/lowercase. I took pictures of a whole bunch of words using all my children in my class and posted them to my class website. They could practice reading the words at home with their parents (and it was fun seeing their friends and themselves!)

They LOVE making words with "Sneaky E" in it. The sneaky e gets to "pinch" the vowel when its their turn to say their sound which makes the vowel say it's name. Then when it's the e's turn to say it's sound it puts his/her hand over mouth and doesn't make a sound because it is sneaky! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment