Background

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kissing Hand

Kindergarten Staggered Day Activities


I love the Chester books by Audrey Penn. There are several more, but these are the ones I use at the beginning of the year. If you have parents in with you for a little while before they leave their little ones, you might want to read The Kissing Hand.


Math activity for The Kissing Hand. First, we talk about numbers. It's a good way for me to see who can identify/order 1-10. I die cut these hands and children counted out the number of hands and matched them with the correct numeral.

Puzzle- You can't really tell from the picture, but this is a make-it-yourself puzzle. I bought them in sets of 6 from my local craft store. The kids painted the whole puzzle at first, then once the background dries a little, they can do their hand print. I happened to come across The Kissing Hand stickers, but if you can't find them, I would die cut some of the miniature hearts and glue them on.
The poem that I sent home with it says:

I made a puzzle just for you
At school, on my very first day.
It's made with love and my handprint
in a very special way.

Now you can sit down on the floor
With your favorite kindergarten kid.
We'll put it together while I tell you
About the very fun things we did!



No comments:

Post a Comment